Name Dropping

Can I name drop for a second? I got to hang out with Christine Caine yesterday! I first met Chris when Ed travelled to Australia to speak at a conference, and we quickly became friends.

As we hung out yesterday, we talked about almost everything under the sun.  It was fun, moving, inspiring and as always, I left loving this girl even more.

Chris was in town for a television taping and had some free time, so she stopped by and graciously hung out with me and a few of our Fellowship Church Flavour team for several hours. I appreciate so much the global enlightening that Chris gives me each time we are together.

Today, she shared with me her A21 Campaign and the doors God has opened for her as she confronts the human trafficking crisis in Europe.  It was so good for me to hear this, because it can be very easy for me to forget just how large the world really is. Too often, I get caught up in the details of the here and now of my little neck of the woods and lose sight of the bigger reality.

I know the same thing can happen to us all. So when it comes to the gospel of Jesus Christ, I urge you to think broadly.  We are the light of the world in our neighborhoods, yes. But by God’s provision, we are also the light in the back alleys of Europe, Asia and the entire globe.  I am praying earnestly that my heart would constantly be reminded of the social injustices in the world, and that as we find solutions for these issues, we would keep the truth of Jesus Christ at the forefront of it all. We are called to rescue others physically and spiritually, and I am so thankful and inspired when others remind me of that truth.

Thank you, Christine Caine, for allowing God to use you to remind me and others of our global opportunities. And thank you for being so passionate about the local Church’s call to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Because when it comes to name dropping, there is no bigger name than that of our Savior!

This entry was posted in Current Affairs, Flavour, Friends, Leadership. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Name Dropping

1. Carol says:

Lisa, oh so very true. Thank you for caring and sharing! (& name dropping!)

2. Sherry says:

Can’t wait to hear from her again at Flavour Conference 2010! I want to shout from the highest mountain evertime I hear her. Truly inspiring!

3. Teri says:

Yeah!!! I’m a member of Bay Area Fellowship in Corpus Christi, TX and a part of “Janes” Women’s Ministry. I will be attending the GLO Conference in March where Christine Caine will be our guest speaker. I can’t wait!!! God is doing a mighty work through her.

4. Margo Allen says:

Thank you for sharing this, Lisa! I think it’s fine to ‘name drop’ when it’s tastefully done. I do tend to speak the name of Jesus Christ every chance that I may get :-)

5. TBOO says:

Amen!!! This is so right and so true. I completely understand where you are coming from because I tend to forget myself and always need a constant reminder. God bless you and your family!!

6. Beverly Goff says:

Yes, Europe, Asia–and closer to home: HAITI. The human atrosities are boundless–especially against women and children. Human trafficing is rampant there. And the greatest use of this slave trade is by the Haitian citizens, themselves. God help us– and God bless YOU, Lisa,and Christine, and you seek to encourage and enlighten us through your own lives and ministries.
    Bev